Our little boy

Our little boy
Our Little Miracle

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Fork in the Road

Today I had my normal weekly ultrasound (Yeah week 24!) and we were really feeling positive that all would still be the same.  I have been trying my best to lay low and Tom has been stepping it up on all fronts.  Well that thought all changed when my cervix was opening under pressure to 1.5 cm today.  Lets just say that is not the number we were hoping for.  Now What You Ask........

SO PLAN B:  I will be going in for a cerclage tomorrow.  Now this is a bit later into the pregnancy then a routine cerclage procedure but at this time it is what is best for me and the baby.  It will be an outpatient procedure that should only take about 1/2 hour to an hour.  I will be put under general anesthesia and we will take it one step at a time.  I should hopefully be home and resting a few hours later. 

Tom is taking me and will have the next week off of work to take care of Mason and I.  In a few days I will go back to the doctor to ensure that all is healing well and be cleared to do more then just sit!

Please pray that all goes well, Tom feels peace while I am under and that I am not a complete nervous wreck tomorrow.  Also pray that I am able to rest and not drive everyone crazy with not being able to do anything for a few days.

Even though we knew there was a high chance of this being the road we would have to face it is still a hard one.  We trust in God and know that he will be with us and all the staff tomorrow.  We trust in the Doctors that are overseeing my care and that this is the right decision for where we are at.  Our goal still remains to keep this baby baking until February.  Thanks for all your love and support during this time and we will be updating tomorrow once I am home and resting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment