Our little boy

Our little boy
Our Little Miracle

Monday, October 4, 2010

Late nights

My new work schedule has me working late nights for a while so some updates will be later on than normal.

Julie and her Mom went to the hospital tonight and I went to work, sick. I am feeling better so I am hoping that Tuesday or Wednesday I will be symptom free and be able to see him.

As for an update, he had another good day. He is up to 3.5 ccs of breast milk per hour for his diet. This means that he should be more stable in gaining weight. At this time, he is above birth weight (900 grams) and is looking like he should gain more weight as things progress shortly.

Julie said he looked good and that the Doctors are saying that the heart "murmur" is not scaring them all at this point. The nurses said that they can barely hear it most times and so that is a good sign.

They did say that he has a "cranial bleed" that was discovered in the latest ultrasound. They were not too surprised by this and said it is no big deal.

While we are on the subject, the words "no big deal" and bleeding should probably not be used in the same paragraph, yet a NICU doctor seems to use them together quite often. I guess we are just going to have to get used to that, though I, for one, am having a tough time with that.

Other than that, not a whole lot has happened in the last few days.

I will be down to see him soon so there will be some new photos, maybe even a couple that Crystal will love hint hint.

While I have a few seconds, requests for prayers must go out to Justin and his wife Jo. They are going to be blessed with a child and things are great so far. Also, for my Mother and Father. They are planning on traveling back and forth quite a bit so safety in travel. Last, but not least, my Sister and her family (4 wonderful children and her awesome husband "The mega- wuss") will be moving to Australia in the middle of this month. Prayers for safe travel and to have a wonderful time living abroad with his family so close.

Thanks everyone. I hope all is well and I will check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment