Our little boy

Our little boy
Our Little Miracle

Monday, December 22, 2014

33 Weeks!

YEAH we made it to 33 weeks!  Today marks day 5 of being in the hospital.   It was also our second goal.  I had an ultrasound today to check my fluid level and do a full baby scan. 
The results are as follows: 
My fluid level is a bit lower then last Wednesday but still at a "normal" level.  
Baby #2 was super active and showing off his breathing the entire time.
Because of the results here is the plan..........
More bed rest and hoping to get to 34 weeks!
What this means: 
I will continue to be in the hospital, on bed rest.  They will still be watching for infection and making sure baby #2 is happy.  If either of these change then we will deliver.  If nothing changes then we will keep baby #2 in as close to 35 weeks as possible.  At 35 weeks the risks out weight the benefits of keeping him in so we will then deliver.  Since I still have the cerglage, the delivery will most likely be a repeat c-section. 
Both my regular doctor and high risk doctor are both on board with this plan and feel that my body is responding so well to their current plan that I will make it all the way!  Both of them are going out of town this week so I was told to behave until they get back!  The doctor that will be doing the delivery will be on call for New Years Eve.......so take that for what its worth....
As for us we are just taking it one day at a time and trying to make the best out of all of this.  Tom is being a trooper working, caring for me and still making special time with Mason.  My parents are helping take care of Mason and support us in anyway they can which provides a bit of relief in all of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment