Our little boy

Our little boy
Our Little Miracle

Thursday, January 23, 2014

A BIG Head

Being a preemie brings many challenges and the one that Mason still has not "grown" into is his LARGE head.  Now it is not so large that people stop and look at it but in comparison to his height and weight it is still bigger then his body.  Now he has gotten used to compensating for his head and is really good at balancing, jumping, hopping, running, bike riding etc.  But today at the park marked one of the biggest spills we have ever hard.

It all started like any other day at the park.  We went to the "train park" after a meeting I had.  
 Mason of course drove the train for me : )

 And took me on an adventure.
   Then it was time to play a little basket ball.  That was when disaster struck.  Mason was running to get the ball and tripped.  He did a great job of trying to regain balance but down he went, thanks to that BIG head of his!  He got his hands out but again his head just kept going and SMACK! Just like that nose to the ground he was.  I was a few yards away so when I got to him his nose was gushing and blood was all over his hands, in his mouth and already dripping.  I stayed calm and just grabbed him and got him to the curb where we both could sit.  I ran to the car and grabbed a roll of toilet paper, that has been rolling around the backseat for ages!!!  Mason did not like me touching or trying to lean him forward to control the blood flow.  As he started to throw up he finally decided that tilting his head forward was better then back : ) Lets just say after getting blood everywhere and more then half the roll of toilet paper later I finally got his nose to stop.  And just like that our park fun was over.  I got him in the car and we headed home.  Once home Mason took a bath to calm down and to get all the blood off of him! 
 Dripped to his shoes!
 This is what was left after cleaning the best I could at the park....
 His pour RED nose!
 Happy in the bath but......OUCH!
I wish I would have gotten a picture of the puddle of blood we left at the park or maybe not......trust me it was A LOT!  I am just glad that I stayed calm and he was ok and we did not need anything else. 
The rest of the day we laid low, painted and played ball with daddy....... but don't worry he is fine and still his silly self!

No comments:

Post a Comment